70-300mm is a great range on this Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens. But what I really like is the price! List price is $366.55 but today it’s 56% making the sale price work out to be only $159.90 for Nikon users.
You can also buy this lens to work with Canon, Konica Minolta, Sony and Pentax prices vary just a bit, but not much between the different styles.
The Official Product Description:
- The popular Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 Di LD Macro features a built in motor to ensure fast accurate focusing
- This telephoto zoom will crop in tight or bring distant subjects in close
- There is also an incredible macro mode for photographing small objects up close giving a magnification ratio of 1:2
- This phenomenal lens comes with a 6 year warranty
- Also a flower shaped lens hood for maximum glare protection with no vignetting
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens is a quality, compact ultra tele zoom which covers the 70mm to 300mm telephoto range, with a macro magnification ratio of 1:2 (1/2 life size) at the 300mm setting — ideal for shooting subjects that are difficult to approach such as sporting and theatrical events. This lens also features a built-in motor for use with Nikon Digital SLR Cameras. Di (Digitally Integrated Design) is a designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical systems designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras. Di lenses are designed for superior use on both digital and film SLR cameras. The optical system also, incorporates a LD (Low Dispersion) lens, resulting in clear sharp images free of chromatic aberration. This lens delivers ultimate handling, ease and portability in the field due to its lightweight size and mechanical operation. It is best suited for shooting outdoors to make full use of the real telephoto of 300mm as well as providing diversity in portraiture using the medium focal length ranges of 70mm to 135mm.